Gayle Braden Tingey was born and raised in a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri. Her parents enrolled her in dance classes at age 3, because she seemed to always be dancing to music and mimicking characters she saw in movies.
In 1979 Gayle opened Gayle Tingey School of Dance in Idaho Falls, Idaho where she has directed, choreographed and taught ballet, modern, tap, jazz, clogging, and musical theatre to children, teens, and adults, and produced a spring concert annually as well as holiday performances and community events.
As well as her school of dance, Gayle has enjoyed teaching at many other venues including teaching tap dance at Idaho State University. She has danced with professional companies in Kansas City and Chicago. She has also been privileged to direct, choreograph and perform in countless community theater productions—her favorite role being Muzzy VanHossmere in Thoroughly Modern Millie.
- Conservatory of Music Dance Department at the University of Missouri in Kansas City as a dance major with a theatre minor.
- BA in dance specialty and minors in theatre and secondary education from Brigham Young University
- MA in theatre from Idaho State University
- Current Idaho Secondary Education Teaching Certificate with theatre, speech, and dance endorsements
- Dance Educators of America Level III certified in ballet, tap, jazz, modern and acrobatics
- Certified Clogging Instructor (CCI) with CLOG National Clogging Organization, CLOG (the only certified clogging instructor in Idaho)
- National Clogging and Hoedown Council (NCHC) certified judge