We’re called “Prime Time Steppers”
because whenever we dance we are always “in our prime!”
ADULT CLASSES OFFERED:
1) Prime Time Cloggers: a FUN, high-energy (or as energetic as you choose to make it!), recreational clogging group. This year we will revisit some of our past repertoire pieces, learn a few of the classic dances on the National Clogging Dance List, and maybe set some new choreography. Our levels range from low-intermediate to advanced. We have a 40-year age span of dancers. We welcome everyone, ages 18 to 108 with any previous clogging experience. Did I mention this is FUN? – And some of us actually choose to perform occasionally!
2) Prime Time Tappers: a FUN group of adult tap dancers of various ages and dance backgrounds. We will review some of our popular past repertoire pieces and learn some new material as well. Some of our tappers come just for recreational purposes while others choose to do a little performing. Either way, we all have FUN!
To be added later: Ballet-Jazze’ Fitness: a new physical fitness class I recently created that incorporates the grace and emotion of contemporary ballet and vintage jazz. It’s a combination of yoga, ballet barre, and basic movement phrases to revitalize your life! Yes, it promises to be FUN!
GTSD Adult Classes POLICIES
Prime Time Steppers Tap/ Prime Time Steppers Clog/ Ballet-Jazze’ Fitness
ENROLLMENT To enroll in a class just submit your signed, completed registration/liability waiver form, submit your first payment, and you’re in!
PAYMENTS Our program features “All-Inclusive, Sandals Resort” type pricing which includes tuition, registration fees, extra rehearsals, makeup classes, end-of-year class pictures, 2 complimentary tickets to our spring concert, and performance fees for those who choose to perform. No other costs – ever! Exception: price of costume for those who choose to perform.
“All-inclusive” fees are $50 a month (September through June) and are due on the last lesson of the current month.
There are no refunds, reduced tuition, or adjustments for missed classes. Payments are the same amount each month, September through June, based on 4 lessons per month average. Some months with holidays only have 3 lessons, most months have 4 lessons, and some have 5 lessons. Subsequently, even with an occasional “snow day,” by the end of the year you will have received more lessons than the monthly average of 4. Fees my be paid online on this site through PayPal or paid by cash or check, payable to Gayle Tingey School of Dance.
CLASS ATTIRE Black tap shoes are recommended for tap classes, black clogging shoes for clogging classes, and any color ballet or jazz shoe will work well for Ballet-Jazze’ Fitness classes. Please make sure socks or tights are worn with your dance shoes. Appropriate attire includes comfortable, non-restrictive clothing like dance pants, tee-shirts and other dance tops that cover the midriff, leotards and tights, dance skirts, and/or athletic sweat suits, etc. Please refrain from wearing excessive jewelry for safety reasons. Suggestions for finding shoes:
or, if you already have black shoes:
You can also buy the shoes without taps here:
(Be sure to purchase the right size taps for your shoe size.)
MAKEUP LESSONS Missed lessons may be made up in any other adult class. In addition, sometimes we will hold special makeup sessions when we have a modified class schedule due to holidays or inclement weather.
· Hair should be neatly styled away from the face with long hair pulled back and secured in a bun, ponytail, braid(s), etc.
· We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule classes if subject to inadequate enrollment.
· Make sure your belongings are labeled with your name. Leave valuables at home as we cannot be responsible for any losses. Bring your handbags into the studio with you.
· Thank you for turning your cell phones on silent during class.
· No gum, food, or drinks inside the studio. (Water bottles okay.)
· Family and friends are welcome to SILENTLY observe classes in the designated viewing area. (Please, no unattended children.)
· Please check your email, our Facebook page, or this website weekly for important announcements.
· Smiling is mandatory!